- To learn to recognize wasteful thinking while it is happening
- To learn to perceive that thought is distorting our perception - fooling us like a master magician, while it is happening
- To see that this learning can happen on the go - in the car, bus, airport, grocery store, while jogging, in office meeting or even in the middle of an argument.
Why "on the go"?
What is the agenda for the 2-days?
Day-1 8:30am-9:30am: Registration and breakfast
Day-1 10am-1pm: Introduction to thought process, key properties of thought, illusions created by thought
Day-1 2pm-5pm: Useful-vs-wasteful thinking, simple-vs-sustained incoherence, assumptions of necessity
Day-2 6:30am-7:30am: Guided group meditation
Day-2 9:30am-1pm: Thought as a system of reflexes, Find and press a button, Proprioception
Day-2 2pm-5pm: Belief-as-truth vs belief-as-an-assumption, Acceptance
Check out this presentation - Metaphors from 'Thought as a system'
See all articles at "Mindfulness from metaphors from movies, books and beyond"
- Mindfulness on the go: my first workshop experience
- 3 flavours of mindfulness
- Learning mindfulness through “Penn and Teller: Fool Us” magic show
- 3 powerful illusions created by thought
- A beautiful mind and three acts of creativity, madness and awakening
- 12 angry men and 2 movements of thought
- PK and a peek into the assumptions of necessity
- The problem and the paradox of "becoming"
- Catch yourself getting LOST in wasteful thinking
- Baseline test: in music and in life